The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is using your tax dollars for painful and wasteful experiments on beagles, mixed-breed hounds, and even 6-month-old puppies.
Call Congress at 202-225-3121 (the operator will look up your Representative based on your zip code and connect you directly) and politely urge your Representatives to cosponsor the bipartisan PUPPERS Act (HR 1155) to cut taxpayer funding for wasteful VA dog testing.
Here are some talking points for your call:
- I am a constituent and am calling to urge [LAWMAKER NAME] to cosponsor the bipartisan PUPPERS Act (HR 1155) to prohibit federal funding for the V.A.’s most painful dog experiments.
- V.A. experimenters are spending our tax dollars to give puppies heart attacks and damage their spinal cords.
- Last Congress, over 100 Congress members cosponsored the bipartisan PUPPERS Act
- Former V.A. Secretary Dr. David Shulkin recently stated that he opposes VA dog testing.
- Many leading veterans’ groups and a majority of veterans oppose taxpayer-funding for these experiments
- The VA’s wasteful dog experiments have not produced results for veterans in decades
- It is unacceptable for veterans to receive substandard health care while the VA is wasting taxpayer money on cruel and needless dog experiments.