Do you hate wasteful government spending? Do you hate cruelty to puppies and kittens? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a start-up culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for a Campaign Assistant to help us build the future, today.
What We’re Looking For: A Campaign Assistant to provide day-to-day support for WCW’s advocacy and public policy campaigns. S/he will work remotely from home and closely with the Vice President of Advocacy and Public Policy and other remote employees/stakeholders. Must be fully committed to WCW’s mission of ending taxpayer funding for animal experimentation. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, or animal protection work. This is a full-time, salaried staff position. Candidates must be based in the Washington, DC-metro area.
Why You Want This Job: White Coat Waste Project (WCW) is a rapidly growing and innovative 501c3 non-profit start-up based in the Washington, D.C. area. We’re a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 2 million+ animal lovers and liberty lovers. Our message? Taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to pay $15 billion for wasteful government animal experiments. We find, expose, and de-fund wasteful government spending through hard-hitting investigations and public policy campaigns. Richmond Times-Dispatch says our message has “infiltrated the federal government.” Our work has been featured in USA Today, New York Times, Fox News, and hundreds of other media outlets. WCW was awarded the 2018 LUSH Prize for the world’s top public awareness campaign.
- Assist with organizing, mobilizing, and engaging WCW’s 2 million-plus members toward defined public policy goals.
- Maintain and organize files, research, and correspondence.
- Maintain databases of policymakers, advocates and media.
- Monitor and track earned media hits.
- Facilitate placement of op-eds, letters, and other contributed content.
- Assist with the creation and deployment of campaign assets, including graphics, videos, ads, collateral, etc.
- Assist with the coordination of online content related to campaigns, including blog posts, social media, videos, etc.
- Assist with the planning of special events.
- Additional advocacy and public policy work as needed.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 1-2 years experience working in grassroots advocacy, nonprofit organizations, media, Capitol Hill, or political campaigns.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lead” in your communications.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, grassroots campaigns, animal advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and/or politics
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to proactively anticipate our needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly … and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a start-up work culture.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications, and software in a Mac OS X environment.
- Digital marketing experience is also a plus (e.g. social media, HTML, WordPress, video, etc.)
- Candidate must be based in the Washington DC-metro area.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Travel: Some travel will be expected for key meetings. However, you will mostly work remotely from home.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line: Campaign Assistant.