Do you hate wasteful government spending? Do you hate cruelty to puppies and kittens? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for a Email Marketing Manager to help us build the future, today.
What We’re Looking For: An Email Marketing Manager to provide day-to-day management of our data-driven platforms and to manage online campaigns, with a particular focus on email marketing and online fundraising. S/he will work remotely from home and closely with the Director of Digital and Grassroots Development, and other remote employees and consultants. Must be fully committed to WCW’s mission of ending taxpayer-funding for animal experimentation. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, or animal protection work. This is a full-time, salaried staff position. Washington, DC metro-area candidates required.
Why You Want This Job: White Coat Waste Project (WCW) is a rapidly growing and innovative 501c3 non-profit startup based in the Washington, D.C. area. We’re a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 2 million+ animal lovers and liberty lovers. Our message? Taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to pay $20 billion for wasteful government animal experiments. We find, expose, and de-fund wasteful government spending through hard-hitting investigations and public policy campaigns. Richmond Times-Dispatch says our message has “infiltrated the federal government.” Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, New York Times, Fox News, and hundreds more. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants, and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign.
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Email Marketing: manage, format, and deploy HTML emails in WCW’s Engaging Networks platform. Follow best practices to maximize engagement (i.e. opens, clicks, conversions) and work with WCW staff and consultants to maximize delivery (i.e. design, formatting, inboxing).
- Online Fundraising: assist Director with scheduling, copywriting, targeting/segmentation, production, and deployment of all email/text messages/social media fundraising campaigns.
- Production: build and manage landing pages, donation pages, tracking codes, etc. within Engaging Networks.
- Database Management: manage list segmentation, imports, exports, and hygiene.
- Content Development: work with team to draft email copy (fundraising, advocacy, newsletters, petitions, appeals etc), produce graphics, videos, blogs, and other online content.
- Reporting: run regular digital metrics reports to track our email campaigns, online fundraising, advertising, social media, and other online marketing campaigns.
- Analysis: brief Director and President about what’s working and what’s not. Spot opportunities and make data-driven recommendations to improve online fundraising, grassroots engagement, advertising, and other campaigns.
- Advertising: craft and launch online ads for persuasion, mobilization, and acquisition (as needed).
- Social Media: help produce content for social media accounts and manage online engagement.
- Miscellaneous: additional relevant project management and duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of digital experience, ideally in email marketing, content production, online fundraising, online advertising, and/or social media for advocacy groups, non-profits, or political causes.
- Ideal candidate possess relevant experience in a political consulting/digital marketing agency, political campaign/committee, or for an advocacy organization that runs public policy campaigns.
- Engaging Networks and HTML/CSS experience required.
- Solid understanding of digital/email marketing metrics, WordPress, donor CRMs, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications, proficiency in Excel, and software in a Mac OS X environment.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, grassroots campaigns, animal advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and/or politics
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate our campaign needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly… and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Excellent written skills. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lead” in your communications… ever.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Washington, DC metro-area candidates required.
Reports To: This position reports directly to the Director of Digital and Grassroots Development.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line: Email Marketing Manager