Do you hate wasteful government spending? Do you hate cruelty to puppies and kittens? If you answered yes, read on: this might be your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for an Operations Manager to help us build the future, today.
Why You Want This Opportunity: White Coat Waste Project (WCW) is a bipartisan organization supported by 400,000+ liberty-lovers and animal-lovers opposed to the government’s wasteful spending on animal experiments. National Review says it’s a “refreshing consensus-building argument.” The Richmond Times-Dispatch says WCW’s “message has infiltrated the federal government.” Here’s why:
- De-funded the Dept. of Veterans Affairs dog labs: 1st time in American history Congress defunded dog testing at an entire federal agency.
- Ended FDA’s baby monkey nicotine addiction experiments and compelled FDA to establish its first-ever Animal Welfare Council.
- Passed the first-ever law to cut state tax funding of maximum pain cat and dog labs
- Made headline news over 586x times in 18 months, more than any other animal testing origination, including front cover investigations in USA Today, New York Times, Fox News, and many more.
- Secured the first-ever federal audits of animal testing spending in American history
WATCH: our top WINS for taxpayers and animals in 2017
What We’re Looking For: WCW seeks an Operations Manager to manage all internal processes, administration, and infrastructure, finances, and compliance for the team. S/he will also provide some administrative support for President and staff. S/he will work remotely from home and closely with President, and others remote employees/stakeholders. Fully committed to WCW’s mission of ending taxpayer funding for animal experimentation. Strong interest in politics, public affairs, or advocacy work. This is a full-time, salaried staff position. Candidates based in the Washington, DC metro area are preferred.
Operations Manager is responsible for specific duties that include, but are not limited to the following:
Finance and Operations
- Oversee and coordinate all financial systems and operations including monthly budget oversight, Quickbooks, bank account reconciliations, invoices and accounts payable, reimbursements
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to bookkeeping consultants, accounting firms, and attorneys to prepare required schedules and other governance/compliance needs (990s, lobbying disclosure forms etc.).
- Update and track monthly progress against budget and related metrics. Work with President to prepare draft budgets, reports, and narrative for the Board of Directors.
Donor Database Management
- Oversee and coordinate all donor database maintenance including data importation, hygiene and updates.
- Produce reports for internal tracking, the Board of Directors and other key stakeholders.
- Support donor communications as needed.
- Primary responsibilities: Implement and manage all WCW’s administration and infrastructure, digital and traditional correspondence systems (e.g. monitoring the info@ account), scheduling, document organization, printing, and other day-to-day logistical needs. Help build new organizing systems as needed. Oversee all office management duties including simple IT, equipment needs and supplies, and the management/organization of internal files
- Secondary/tertiary responsibilities: Directly support the President and team with scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting follow up, and other routine needs. Provide administrative support and ongoing logistics for staff.
- Assist President and staff in the smooth running of fundraising/development operations (e.g. printing, data, research)
- Other basic project management, event planning, and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Other duties as needed
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in non-profit management or non-profit operations/finances.
- Demonstrated ability to manage outside contractors. Proven ability to track multiple projects and manage “moving parts” in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, detail-oriented, detail-oriented. As the last set of eyes on many important documents, spreadsheets, and forms, you’re all about “dotting the i’s” and “crossing the t’s.”
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, and other standard business applications.
- Proficient in donor database management; Donor Perfect experience ideal.
- Outstanding internal communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly within office systems.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a start-up work culture.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position that includes vacation/personal days. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reports To: This position reports directly to the President. Operations Manager will supervise administrative staff and consultants as necessary.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line: Operations Manager.