Do you hate wasteful government spending? Or do you hate cruelty to puppies and kittens? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a start-up culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this might be your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant to help us build the future, today.
What We’re Looking For: An Administrative Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support for the President and team. S/he will work remotely from home and closely with President and other remote employees/stakeholders. Must be fully committed to WCW’s mission of ending taxpayer funding for animal experimentation. Strong interest in politics, public affairs, or advocacy work is a plus. This is a full-time, salaried staff position. Candidates must be based in the Washington, DC metro area.
Why You Want This Gig: White Coat Waste Project (WCW) is a rapidly growing and innovative 501c3 non-profit startup based in the Washington, D.C. area. WCW is a bipartisan organization supported by 400,000+ liberty-lovers and animal-lovers opposed to the government’s wasteful spending of $15 billion+ on animal experiments.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for specific duties that include, but aren’t limited to the following:
- Support all WCW’s administration and infrastructure, digital and traditional correspondence systems. Manage the primary info@ email account; respond to inquiries from members, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Manage regular out-of-the-office duties such as runs to the post office and bank.
- Serve as the President’s “right-hand” by managing calendars, scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting follow-ups/requests, and other routine needs.
- Assist staff with logistical and administrative support, as needed.
- Track, manage, and catalog news clips.
- Assist with office management duties including simple IT, equipment needs and supplies, and management/organization of internal files.
- Assist President and staff in smooth running of fundraising/development operations (e.g. printing, basic data entry, basic research).
- Other basic project and event support, and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience.
- Candidate must be based in the Washington DC-metro area.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly within office systems.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications and software in a Mac OS X environment.
- Experience with WordPress and donor CRMs a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a start-up work culture.
Reports To: This position reports directly to the President.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com with Subject line: Administrative Assistant.