Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to help us build the future… today.
What We’re Looking For: A Digital Marketing Assistant to provide day-to-day support for WCW’s digital programs and campaigns. S/he will work remotely from home and closely with the Director of Digital and Grassroots Development and other remote employees and consultants. Must be fully committed to our bipartisan and strictly single-issue mission of ending taxpayer funding for animal experimentation. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, animal advocacy, or pro-liberty causes. This is a full-time, salaried staff position. Washington, DC metro-area candidates strongly preferred.
Why You Want This Job: White Coat Waste Project (WCW) is a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 3 million liberty lovers and animal lovers. Our message? Taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to pay $20 billion for wasteful government animal experiments. WCW saves lives and cleans up government waste through hard-hitting investigations and public policy campaigns. Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, the New York Times, NBC, Fox News, Time, People, Science Magazine, and many more. The Richmond Times-Dispatch says WCW’s message has “infiltrated the federal government.”
WCW was the very first organization to expose and end U.S. taxpayer funding for bat and animal experiments at the Wuhan lab — the suspected source of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our high-profile campaigns at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA, FDA, NIH, EPA, and more, have cut government experimentation on dogs and cats to its lowest-ever level secured the first-ever federal policies to let taxpayers adopt the survivors. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign about animal testing.
The Digital Marketing Assistant is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Email Marketing: assist Director with planning, scheduling, copywriting, production, management, and deployment of email campaigns for fundraising and advocacy.
- Social Media: help produce content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and manage online engagement across social media platforms.
- Production: assist Director with building and managing landing pages, donation pages within Engaging Networks.
- Content Development: work with the team to draft email copy, social media posts, graphics, videos, blogs, and other online content.
- Website: assist with the management of our website and blog.
- Miscellaneous: additional relevant project management and duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- At least one year of work or internship experience in digital marketing, design, social media management, or content production for advocacy groups, non-profits, or political campaigns.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications, proficiency in Excel.
- Familiarity with WordPress, graphic design, or video editing tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with HTML for email and landing pages is a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, grassroots campaigns, animal advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and/or politics
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate our campaign needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Excellent written skills. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lede” in your communications…ever.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Washington, DC metro-area candidates strongly preferred.
Reports To: This position reports directly to the Director of Digital and Grassroots Development.