Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to help us build the future, today.
What We’re Looking For: A Digital Marketing Assistant to provide day-to-day support for WCW’s digital programs and campaigns. S/he will work remotely from home and closely with the Director of Digital and Grassroots Development, and other remote employees and consultants. Must be fully committed to WCW’s mission of ending taxpayer-funding for animal experimentation. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, or animal protection work. This is a full-time, salaried staff position. Washington, DC metro-area candidates required.
Why You Want This Job: White Coat Waste Project (WCW) is a rapidly growing and innovative 501c3 non-profit startup based in the Washington, D.C. area. We’re a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 2 million+ animal lovers and liberty lovers. Our message? Taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to pay $20 billion for wasteful government animal experiments. We find, expose, and de-fund wasteful government spending through hard-hitting investigations and public policy campaigns. Richmond Times-Dispatch says our message has “infiltrated the federal government.” Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, New York Times, Fox News, and hundreds more. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants, and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign.
The Digital Marketing Assistant is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Email Marketing: assist Director with planning, scheduling, copywriting, production, management, and deployment of email campaigns for fundraising and advocacy.
- Social Media: help produce content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, and manage online engagement across social media platforms.
- Production: build and manage landing pages, donation pages, tracking codes, etc. within Engaging Networks.
- Content Development: work with team to draft email copy, social media posts, graphics, videos, blogs, and other online content.
- Website: assist with the management of our website and blog.
- Miscellaneous: additional relevant project management and duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 1-2 years experience in digital marketing, social media management, or content production for advocacy groups, non-profits, or political campaigns.
- Ideal candidate possesses relevant experience in a political consulting/digital marketing agency, political campaign/committee, or for an advocacy organization that runs public policy campaigns.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications, proficiency in Excel, and software in a Mac OS X environment.
- Familiarity with WordPress, graphic design or video editing tools a plus.
- Familiarity with HTML for email and landing pages a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, grassroots campaigns, animal advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and/or politics
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate our campaign needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly… and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Excellent written skills. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lead” in your communications… ever.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Washington, DC metro-area candidates required.
Reports To: This position reports directly to the Director of Digital and Grassroots Development.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
with Subject line: Digital Marketing Assistant. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.