Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for an Email Fundraising Manager to help us build the future… today.
What We’re Looking For: An Email Fundraising Manager to provide day-to-day strategy, production, management, and implementation of our digital fundraising campaigns, with a particular focus on email fundraising and marketing. S/he will work remotely from home and closely with the Director of Digital and Grassroots Development and other remote employees and consultants. Must be fully committed to our bipartisan and strictly single-issue mission of ending taxpayer funding for animal experimentation. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, animal advocacy, or pro-liberty causes. This is a full-time, salaried staff position. While this is a work from home position, a Washington, DC metro-area candidate is required.
Why You Want This Job: White Coat Waste Project (WCW) is a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 3 million liberty lovers and animal lovers. Our message? Taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to pay $20 billion for wasteful government animal experiments. WCW saves lives and cleans up government waste through hard-hitting investigations and public policy campaigns. Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, the New York Times, NBC, Fox News, Time, People, Science Magazine, and many more. The Richmond Times-Dispatch says WCW’s message has “infiltrated the federal government.”
WCW was the very first organization to expose and end U.S. taxpayer funding for bat and animal experiments at the Wuhan lab — the suspected source of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our high-profile campaigns at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA, FDA, NIH, EPA, and more, have cut government experimentation on dogs and cats to its lowest-ever level secured the first-ever federal policies to let taxpayers adopt the survivors. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign about animal testing.
- Online Fundraising: assist Director with planning all email fundraising campaigns. Manage scheduling, copywriting, targeting/segmentation, production, and deployment of all email fundraising campaigns.
- Email Marketing: manage, format, and deploy HTML emails in WCW’s Engaging Networks platform. Follow best practices to maximize engagement (i.e., opens, clicks, conversions) and work with WCW staff and consultants to optimize delivery (i.e., design, formatting, inboxing).
- Production: design, build, and manage landing pages, donation pages, tracking codes, etc., within Engaging Networks.
- Database Management: manage list segmentation, imports, exports, and hygiene.
- Content Development: draft email copy (fundraising, advocacy, newsletters, petitions, appeals, etc.), produce graphics and other online content.
- Reporting and Analyses: run regular reports to track our email campaigns, online fundraising, and other relevant online marketing campaigns. Brief Director and President about what’s working and what’s not. Spot opportunities and make data-driven recommendations.
- Miscellaneous: additional relevant project management and duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of three years email fundraising experience. Other relevant experience may include text messaging, online advertising, and/or social media for advocacy groups, non-profits, or political campaigns.
- The ideal candidate possesses relevant email fundraising experience in a political consulting/digital marketing agency, political campaign/committee, or advocacy organization that runs public policy campaigns.
- HTML/CSS experience required. Engaging Networks is strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of digital/email marketing metrics, WordPress, donor CRMs, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications, proficiency in Excel.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, grassroots campaigns, animal advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and/or politics
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate our campaign needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Excellent written skills. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lede” in your communications…ever.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Washington, DC metro-area candidates are required.
Reports to: This position reports directly to the Director of Digital and Grassroots Development.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to [email protected] with Subject line: Email Fundraising Manager. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.