Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for an Email Marketing Manager to help us build the future today.
What We’re Looking For: An Email Marketing Manager to develop and optimize WCW’s email marketing program. S/he will provide day-to-day strategy, management, production, and implementation of our email marketing campaigns to meet performance goals. S/he will work closely with the VP of Online Fundraising, and other remote employees and consultants. Must be comfortable working remotely from home in a deadline-driven, campaign-style work environment and be able to coordinate with other remote employees and consultants to drive results. Must be fully committed to our bipartisan and strictly single-issue mission of ending wasteful government spending on taxpayer-funded animal experiments. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, animal advocacy, or pro-liberty causes.
Why You Want This Job: WCW is a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 3 million liberty lovers and animal lovers. WCW was the first organization to expose Dr. Fauci’s beagle experiments and runs the #BeagleGate campaign to end them. WCW was also the first to expose U.S. taxpayer funding for animal experiments at the Wuhan lab — the suspected source of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Glenn Greenwald says: “More than any other group, it is WCW that has elevated the cause of stopping these horrific government experimentations on dogs and puppies into the mainstream political conversation.” BuzzFeed says WCW “is writing a controversial new activist playbook — and it’s unclear whether anyone can control the forces that it has helped to unleash.”
Our high-profile campaigns at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA, FDA, NIH, EPA, and more, have cut government experimentation on dogs and cats to its lowest-ever level and secured the first-ever federal policies to retire and release survivors. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign about animal testing. Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, the New York Times, NBC, Fox News, Time, People, Science Magazine, and many more.
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Lead and grow WCW’s email marketing program, with an emphasis on email fundraising. Manage scheduling, copywriting, targeting/segmentation, production, and deployment of fundraising, advocacy, and cultivation emails to meet fundraising goals.
- Enforce best practices and develop new strategies and tactics to increase the performance of WCW emails, including engagement and delivery
- Analyze, optimize and report on key email fundraising and marketing metrics. Brief VP and President about what’s working and what’s not. Spot opportunities and make data-driven recommendations
- Create the structure and processes necessary to manage email operations and projected growth
- Ensure team has the tools and training needed to execute new email tactics
- Build, design, and manage landing pages, donation pages, and tracking codes.
- Draft email copy (fundraising, advocacy, newsletters, petitions, appeals, etc.) and produce infographics and other content needed for direct response campaigns.
- Maximize engagement (i.e., opens, clicks, conversions) and work with WCW staff and consultants to optimize delivery (i.e., design, formatting, inboxing).
- Miscellaneous: additional relevant project management and duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 3+ years email marketing experience, ideally in a political consulting/digital marketing agency, political campaign/committee, or advocacy organization that runs public policy campaigns.
- Significant online fundraising experience. Relevant experience may include email, text messaging, online advertising, and/or social media fundraising for advocacy groups, non-profits, or political campaigns.
- HTML/CSS experience required.
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills with a proven understanding of email marketing metrics; experience with deliverability and reputation management are preferred
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to simplify complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lede” in your communications…ever.
- Demonstrated ability to scale and improve programs, optimize efforts, and drive outcomes
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, grassroots campaigns, animal advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and/or politics
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate our campaign needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- WordPress, donor CRMs, Photoshop, Canva, and Illustrator are a plus.
- Engaging Networks and Salesforce experience is a major plus.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications, and proficiency in Excel.
Compensation: This is a full-time, work-from-home/anywhere, salaried staff position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience; the pay range starts at $55,000.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Email Marketing Manager. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.