Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for an Online Fundraising Director to help us build the future today.
What We’re Looking For: An Online Fundraising Director to be a creative leader, to develop and optimize WCW’s digital fundraising program alongside the VP of Online Fundraising. S/he will provide day-to-day strategy, management, production, and implementation of our digital fundraising campaigns, with a particular focus on email, text messaging, advertising, and social media. S/he must be comfortable working remotely from home in a deadline-driven, campaign-style work environment and be able to coordinate with other remote employees and consultants to drive results. Must be fully committed to our bipartisan and strictly single-issue mission of ending wasteful government spending on taxpayer-funded animal experiments. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, animal advocacy, or pro-liberty causes.
Why You Want This Job: WCW is a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 3 million liberty lovers and animal lovers. WCW was the first organization to expose Dr. Fauci’s beagle experiments and runs the #BeagleGate campaign to end them. WCW was also the first to expose U.S. taxpayer funding for animal experiments at the Wuhan lab — the suspected source of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Glenn Greenwald says: “More than any other group, it is WCW that has elevated the cause of stopping these horrific government experimentations on dogs and puppies into the mainstream political conversation.” BuzzFeed says WCW “is writing a controversial new activist playbook — and it’s unclear whether anyone can control the forces that it has helped to unleash.”
Our high-profile campaigns at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA, FDA, NIH, EPA, and more, have cut government experimentation on dogs and cats to its lowest-ever level and secured the first-ever federal policies to retire and release survivors. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign about animal testing. Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, the New York Times, NBC, Fox News, Time, People, Science Magazine, and many more.
The Online Fundraising Director is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Online Fundraising: Work with WCW team to plan and execute online fundraising and direct response campaigns. Manage scheduling, copywriting, targeting/segmentation, production, and deployment of fundraising campaigns across email, text messaging, social media, and online ads.
- Email Marketing: Lead and grow WCW’s email fundraising program. Develop strategies and tactics to increase the performance of WCW email fundraising campaigns, and ensure the email marketing team has the tools and training needed to execute.
- Mobile Marketing: Work with agency partner and VP of Online Fundraising to develop and manage WCW’s P2P and SMS text messaging program.
- Social Media: Drive social media fundraising and peer-to-peer giving campaigns.
- Advertising: Work with WCW media buyers and VP to drive online fundraising ads.
- Production: Build, design, and manage landing pages, donation pages, tracking codes.
- Content Development: Draft email and appeal copy (fundraising, advocacy, newsletters, petitions, appeals, etc.), and produce graphics and other online content for direct response campaigns.
- Reporting and Analyses: Analyze, optimize, and report on key fundraising and other relevant online marketing metrics. Brief VP and President about what’s working and what’s not. Spot opportunities and make data-driven recommendations.
- Miscellaneous: additional relevant project management and duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 5+ years of online fundraising experience. Other relevant experiences may include text messaging, online advertising, and/or social media fundraising for advocacy groups, non-profits, or political campaigns.
- The ideal candidate possesses relevant online fundraising experience in a political consulting/digital marketing agency, political campaign/committee, or advocacy organization that runs public policy campaigns.
- Proven ability to optimize across a variety of digital advertising channels and manage the implementation of tactics
- Experience managing others and driving / aligning teams to strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to simplify complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lede” in your communications…ever.
- HTML/CSS experience required.
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills with a proven understanding of relevant digital marketing metrics
- WordPress, donor CRMs, Photoshop, Canva, and Illustrator is a plus.
- Engaging Networks and Salesforce experience is a major plus.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications, proficiency in Excel.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, grassroots campaigns, animal advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and/or politics
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate our campaign needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
Compensation: This is a full-time, work-from-home/anywhere, salaried staff position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience; the pay range starts at $70,000.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: Online Fundraising Director. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.