If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for an Online Fundraising Manager to help us build the future, today.
- Online Fundraising: assist Director with scheduling, copywriting, targeting/segmentation, production, and deployment of all email/text messages/social media fundraising campaigns.
- Email Marketing: manage, format, and deploy HTML emails in WCW’s Engaging Networks platform. Follow best practices to maximize engagement (i.e. opens, clicks, conversions) and work with WCW staff and consultants to maximize delivery (i.e. design, formatting, inboxing).
- Production: design, build and manage landing pages, donation pages, tracking codes, etc. within Engaging Networks.
- Database Management: manage list segmentation, imports, exports, and hygiene.
- Content Development: work with team to draft email copy (fundraising, advocacy, newsletters, petitions, appeals etc), produce graphics and other online content.
- Reporting: run regular digital metrics reports to track our email campaigns, online fundraising, advertising, social media, and other online marketing campaigns.
- Analysis: brief Director and President about what’s working and what’s not. Spot opportunities and make data-driven recommendations to improve online fundraising, grassroots engagement, advertising, and other campaigns.
- Advertising: craft and launch online ads (as needed).
- Social Media: help produce fundraising content for social media accounts and manage online engagement.
- Miscellaneous: additional relevant project management and duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of fundraising experience, ideally email marketing. Other relevant experience may include text messaging, online advertising, and/or social media for advocacy groups, non-profits, or political campaigns.
- Ideal candidate possesses relevant fundraising experience in a political consulting/digital marketing agency, political campaign/committee, or for an advocacy organization that runs public policy campaigns.
- HTML/CSS experience required.
- Engaging Networks experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of digital/email marketing metrics. WordPress, donor CRMs, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications, proficiency in Excel, and software in a Mac OS X environment.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, grassroots campaigns, animal advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and/or politics.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate our campaign needs.
- Critical thinking skills. You’re able to identify and resolve problems quickly… and spot opportunities to advance our goals.
- Excellent written skills. You don’t miss the main point or “bury the lead” in your communications… ever.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Washington, DC metro-area candidates required.
Reports to: This position reports directly to the Director of Digital and Grassroots Development.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line: Online Fundraising Manager. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.