Do you love puppies and kittens? Do you hate taxes and wasteful government spending? Do you sweat the details, enjoy working with a team, and dig a fast-paced startup culture?
If you answered yes, read on: this is your dream career opportunity. We’re looking for a Vice President of Digital Marketing to help us build the future today.
What We’re Looking For: A Vice President of Digital Marketing to lead the Digital department for the White Coat Waste Project (WCW). S/he will work remotely from home and closely with the President, the VP of Online Fundraising, and other remote employees and consultants. Must be fully committed to our bipartisan and strictly single-issue mission of ending wasteful government spending on taxpayer-funded animal experiments. Strong interest in issue advocacy, politics, public affairs, animal advocacy, or pro-liberty causes.
Why You Want This Job: WCW is a taxpayer watchdog and bipartisan coalition of 3 million liberty lovers and animal lovers. WCW was the first organization to expose Dr. Fauci’s beagle experiments and runs the #BeagleGate campaign to end them. WCW was also the first to expose U.S. taxpayer funding for animal experiments at the Wuhan lab — the suspected source of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Glenn Greenwald says: “More than any other group, it is WCW that has elevated the cause of stopping these horrific government experimentations on dogs and puppies into the mainstream political conversation.” BuzzFeed says WCW “is writing a controversial new activist playbook — and it’s unclear whether anyone can control the forces that it has helped to unleash.”
Our high-profile campaigns at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA, FDA, NIH, EPA, and more, have cut government experimentation on dogs and cats to its lowest-ever level and secured the first-ever federal policies to retire and release survivors. WCW was honored as the Public Affairs Campaign of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and awarded the LUSH Prize as the world’s top public awareness campaign about animal testing. Our work has been featured on the front cover of USA Today, the New York Times, NBC, Fox News, Time, People, Science Magazine, and many more.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
From our website and blog to our social media presence and database of record, WCW is overhauling and upgrading everything digital. We’re looking for a VP who’s up to the challenge of leading this effort. To set you up for success, we are also committed to hiring a full team of digital staff and agency partners (to grow our current team), and to provide key resources (e.g., aggressive online advertising budgets and new vendor contracts). As WCW’s lead digital executive, you will build WCW’s digital department, drive all online efforts, and integrate digital throughout every aspect of WCW’s programs and campaigns.
The Vice President of Digital Marketing is responsible for specific duties that include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Digital Strategy: Set the digital strategic plan for the organization. You will work with the President to develop and execute an overall strategy for the entire digital program including education, brand-raising, engagement, advocacy, advertising, and data analytics and reporting.
- Management: Own the management of departmental vendor relationships and recruitment of new digital personnel. You will manage and mentor all digital staff and WCW partners.
- Platform Building: Develop a plan to build and cultivate a robust social media following and audiences across key platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
- Website: Develop a strategy and execute a plan to maximize WCW’s new website for brand-raising, education, advocacy, and fundraising. Work with the WCW digital team to help select an agency partner who will build our new site.
- Advertising: Develop an online advertising strategy and work with WCW media buyers to drive promotion, brand-raising, acquisition, reactivation, and advocacy ads.
- Content: Work with a team of writers, animators, and storytellers to build WCW’s brand and grow its footprint. Inspire and integrate creative thinking from all departments for web pages, blogs, emails, landing pages, social media, and other digital content creation efforts.
- Grassroots: Develop a strategy and drive a plan to maximize WCW’s email lists and grassroots assets to advance key goals set by the Advocacy and Public Policy department. Drive action alerts, outbound emails, call-in-days, petitions, and other digital tactics to Congressional Districts and government agencies.
- Data: Set a plan and own the management and integration of all data including acquisition, list segmentation, imports/exports, enhancement, and hygiene.
- Analytics: Set a strategy and plan to track and report data analytics across acquisition, fundraising, email, SMS, social, websites, and other appropriate channels.
- Infrastructure: Develop and drive a plan for WCW’s digital infrastructure to ensure a proper foundation for growth. You will own everything from SEO and UTM codes to secure certificates.
- Fundraising: Work with your VP peer who leads WCW’s online and email fundraising program. Support this program by integrating digital best practices and tactics.
- Mobile and SMS: Work with your VP peer in online fundraising to build WCW’s mobile and SMS texting program.
- Miscellaneous: Additional relevant project management and duties, as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience building and managing large-scale digital advocacy campaigns, preferably at fast-paced advocacy organizations, nonprofit groups, agencies, or political campaigns.
- Deep experience building platforms and growing audiences. You know how to develop an organization’s social media following and supporter base and, provided sufficient resources, you can execute this plan.
- Thorough understanding of digital strategies and advocacy communications to grow an organization’s brand, drive campaigns and initiatives, and win public policy fights.
- Tactically familiar with most aspects of digital campaigns, including social media, websites, video, online advertising, email marketing, mobile, and data analytics. Has experience integrating all facets of digital advocacy.
- Experience managing digital teams and agencies. You’ve successfully managed and integrated designers, programmers, campaigners, and digital vendors. You know how to motivate and mentor a team.
- Entrepreneurial “take charge” spirit and a positive attitude. You must be an independent, proactive self-starter and relish a startup work culture.
- Experience with Engaging Networks and Salesforce is a major plus.
Compensation: This is a full-time, work-from-home/anywhere, salaried staff position that includes vacation/personal days and health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience, the pay range starts at $95,000.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Vice President, Digital Marketing. Please note: we will only consider applicants who submit all of these requirements.