The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is still conducting painful experiments on beagles, hounds, and even 5-month-old puppies.
Please call the VA’s Office of Research and Development–which oversees the program–and politely urge it to stop wasting taxpayers’ money on this abuse.
Here are some talking points for your call:
- I am calling to ask the V.A. to stop spending taxpayers’ money on painful and wasteful dog experiments.
- V.A. experimenters are inducing heart attacks in hound puppies, drilling into beagles’ skulls and damaging dogs’ spinal cords.
- V.A. Secretary David Shulkin recently said, “I am not a strong believer in the need for canine research.”
- Many leading veterans’ group and a majority of veterans and other Americans oppose these experiments
- The V.A. and whistleblowers have documented waste and abuse in these dog laboratories.
- It is unacceptable for veterans to receive substandard health care while the VA is wasting taxpayer money on cruel and needless dog experiments.