The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is using your tax dollars for painful and wasteful experiments on beagles, hounds, and even 5-month-old puppies.
Call Congress and politely urge your Representatives to cosponsor the bipartisan PUPPERS Act (HR 3197) to cut taxpayer funding for this abuse. You can find your Members of Congress and their phone numbers here.
Here are some talking points for your call:
- I am a constituent and am calling to urge [LAWMAKER NAME] to support the bipartisan PUPPERS Act (HR 3197) to prohibit federal funding for the most painful dog experiments at the V.A.
- V.A. experimenters are inducing heart attacks in hound puppies, drilling into beagles’ skulls and damaging dogs’ spinal cords.
- V.A. Secretary David Shulkin recently said, “I am not a strong believer in the need for canine research.”
- Many leading veterans’ groups and a majority of veterans and other Americans oppose taxpayer-funding for these experiments
- Brave whistleblowers have documented waste and abuse in V.A.’s dog labs.
- It is unacceptable for veterans to receive substandard health care while the VA is wasting taxpayer money on cruel and needless dog experiments.